Wednesday 21 May 2014

No Bake Layered Biscuits Cake (Kalte Katze)

This so-called "Russische Keks Törtchen" recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law. I didn't want to use the original name because I could not find it in internet at all. Since it looks similar to the german version of Kalte Hund (literally translated as cold dog) which uses chocolate instead of condensed milk, I am going to rename this cake Kalte Katze (cold cat).  It is simple & quick to prepare and I am sure that it will be a hit with the kids!



Ingredients:
1 can "Milkmaid" condensed milk
250 g soft butter (room temperature)
2 pkts Leibnitz butter biscuits
1/4 l fresh milk
chocolate pearls for decoration

Method:

In a bowl, whisk butter and condensed milk together.



Dip biscuits in milk before arranging on a rectangular tray (27 cm x 13 cm).  Note:  Do not oversoak the biscuits in milk.  Add about 2 tbsp of creamy mixture and spread evenly.


Arrange another layer of biscuits on top and then the cream mixture. Repeat procedure until there are 8 layers of biscuits altogether.


Spread rest of cream all over the top and sides of cake.  Decorate top with chocolate pearls as shown.


Store in fridge for a few hours before serving.  This is how it looks like when cut.


Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

  1. I like this recipe easy,im sharing,Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :)
    Can I substitute the biscuit to any other?

    ReplyDelete