Saturday 11 June 2016

Pineapple Muffins

A simple & quick to prepare recipe which uses pantry stock ingredients.  I baked some two days ago and my two boys loved the taste and left me only two muffins.  It was very sad indeed because I loved the moist texture and taste.  So this morning, I baked another batch as per their request - actually, I made double recipe.  This time, I made sure that I set aside a few pieces for Iftar (breaking of fast) later.



Ingredients (yields about 12 - 15 pcs):
1 can (150g) pineapple rings
3 tbsp rum (optional - I omit this ingredient)
2 eggs
130 g fine sugar
80 ml vegetable oil
150 g joghurt
250 g plain flour
50 g dessicated coconut (Kokosraspel)
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 tsp baking powder

Glaze:
125 g icing sugar
2 - 3 tbsp pineapple juice

Method:
Strain pineapple & its juices through a sieve into a bowl.  Do not throw away the juice. Cut the pineapple rings into small pieces and add to a small bowl.  Add 50 ml pineapple juice and 3 tbsp rum (if used). Mix well and leave aside.  In another bowl, mix flour, dessicated coconut, baking soda and baking powder together.  Preheat oven to a temperature of 180° C (Fan:  160° C).

In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs lightly.  Add sugar and mix well.


Then, add both joghurt and vegetable oil.  Mix well.


Lastly, add pineapple pieces and its juice.  Mix thoroughly.


Then, fold in 2 tbsp flour mixture at a time until all are used up.



By using an ice cream scoop, add portions (about 1 1/4 scoop) into the muffin cases.


Bake in preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.


In a small bowl, mix icing sugar and pineapple juice together.  Ensure that there are no lumps.  Glaze the muffins and decorate them according to your heart's desire. Instead of glazing the muffins, just dip the tops in the icing mixture.  For these muffins, I still have balance of heart-shaped chocolates. You may also sprinkle some other decorations which I did before (see last picture).




Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment